Tastings and Events happening at the Meadery
Feel like stopping in to the meadery for a tasting? Well, you're in luck. We usually have 6 meads on our taps to try. 3 Traditional styles and 3 lightly carbonated session style meads.
Groups of 8 or more must call ahead.
Tastings are served at these times:
Friday from 12pm - 7pm
Saturday from 12pm - 5pm and goes to full pours from 5pm - 7pm
Sunday from 12pm - 4pm
The traditional style meads are (11-14% abv) and the session meads are(8% abv and lightly carbonated)
- 4 samples for $8
- 6 samples for $12
- If you're thinking of staying a while longer, we have Mead available in 6oz pours for $10 and the session meads are 12oz pours on draft for $6.50
As per Delaware law, we may not pour tastings or full pours within the last 15 minutes of operation. Like "last call" at the bar, you must be underway with your tasting or drink. If you show up 10 minutes to closing we, legally, cannot pour any product for you. Children and well behaved pets are always welcome at Brimming Horn but you must be 21 to TASTE or buy. No exceptions! By law, children may not stand nor sit at the bar or any service counter (must be 6ft from bar).
Outside food is permitted in our hall.
On the Tasting Board:
- Golden Tears 11-14% Dry Traditional Mead
- Wolf Woods 11-14% Honey, Juniper Berries and Hops. Sweet Mead
- Blushing Goddess 11-14% Honey, Oranges, Lemons and Hibiscus. Semi-Sweet Mead
- Freya's Kiss 11-14% Traditional Sweet Mead
- Cringer 8% Honey, Cranberries, Ginger. Lightly Carbonated
- Orange Cardamom 8% Honey, Oranges and Cardamom. Lightly carbonated
- We are Gruit 8 % Honey, Bog Myrtle, Tarragon, Rosemary and Juniper Berries. Lightly carbonated.
- Viking Berry 11-14% Honey and Aronia berries. Sweet mead
THIS WEEKS Growler Fill:
We only fill 32oz growlers. We will fill other company growlers, but we put our logo sticker over theirs.
32 oz Growler Fills of:
Growler keg is kicked/sold out
$10 - BH Growler
$18 - 32oz fill